We are part of Toastmasters International, a world leader in communication and leadership development. Worldwide membership is over 332,000 strong. These members improve their speaking and leadership skills by attending one of the 15,400 clubs in 135 countries that make up our global network of meeting locations. Our club is just one of the more than 225 clubs located in Singapore. Toastmasters District 80 (Singapore) currently counts more than 12,000 members and just as many networking opportunities.
Membership in Toastmasters is one of the greatest investments you can make in yourself.
- Become the speaker and leader you want to be. Confident, charismatic leaders weren’t born that way.
- Toastmasters members learn to tell their story. They listen and answer.
- Through our community of learners, they find their path to leadership.
How Does It Work?
A Toastmasters meeting is a learn-by-doing workshop in which participants hone their speaking and leadership skills in a no-pressure atmosphere.
There is no instructor in a Toastmasters meeting. Instead, members evaluate one another’s presentations. This feedback process is a key part of the program’s success.
- Meeting participants also give impromptu talks on assigned topics, conduct meetings and develop skills related to timekeeping, grammar and parliamentary procedure.
- Members learn communication skills by working in the Competent Communication manual, a series of 10 self-paced speaking assignments designed to instill a sound foundation in public speaking.
- Members improve on their leadership skills by working in the Competent Leadership manual, a series of 10 self-paced leadership assignments designed to instill a sound foundation in leadership.