The Next Leap Lim Poh Pian, CTM
Special Guest Dr Foo Yung Kuan, Chairman CCMC TP Central CC
First Gov DTM Gea Ban Peng ;
Past & Present District Governors
Ladies & Gentlemen
First of all I would like to thank our Special Guest, Dr Foo Yung Kuan and District officers for their encouragement and support by their presence at our installation this evening
I joined the Club in April 2004 and never had I dreamt that I will become the President of this Club today. I really feel honoured and priviledged to be able to serve the Club.
The TPC TMC is to-day a Presidents' Distinguished Club consecutively for the past four years. For the term that just passed, our Immediate Past President, Kris Tay ATM-B, CL had made us proud again to retain the Presidents' Distinguished Club status.
This Club had produced several District Officers, namely ATM-B, CL Tay Yiang Ping, who is the Division D Governor in this term and ATM-S, CL Yeo Chai Tun, the current Area D3 Governor.
Past Area Governors were David Goh ATM-S CL, Albert Lim ATM-G CL, James Tan ATM-S CL, and we are very proud of their contribution to Toastmasters.
For this term, what can my Exco and I contribute to the Club?
- We will continue to uphold the status of Presidents' Distinguished Club title, that is to maintain 10/10 Program goals for the Club.
- Currently the Club has 27 active members. For the term just passed, nine new members joined the Club. On a very stretched goal, we hope to see Senior Toastmasters committed to help the Club to fill all 106 seats of active members in this mini-theatre.
- We plan to conduct two Speechcraft Workshops this term. We need help from experienced Toastmasters both from our own members and other Clubs to run this Speechcraft.
- We encourage senior toastmasters to get closer to young toastmasters to really spend time to mentor and help them to nurture help them to foster that toastmaster bond with us.
- We have a lot to learn from experienced Toastmasters both from our own Club and also other Clubs. We will continue to invite them to be Project Evaluators, Language Evaluators and General Evaluators to share their experience and knowledge with us. We would also encourage our members to do evaluation in other Clubs. This is like an exchange program of Toastmasters members.
On that note, I am sending out an open invitation especially to Senior Toastmasters to visit our Club anytime and volunteer their contribution all in the good cause of inculcating the Toastmasters mission to the community.
MAKE MEMBERS MATTER !
TEAMING TOWARDS EXCELLENCE
Lim Poh Pian
President 2005 / 2006
Toa Payoh Central Toastmaster Club